Home » Posts tagged 'wheels festival'
Tag Archives: wheels festival
Bournemouth’s Wheels Festival this year is set to kick off the summer with the military demonstration, grandiose monster truck shows and new breathtaking stunts! The Wheels Festival is one of the most popular attractions of the England; it attracts a large amount of people from all over the UK (Approximately 300,000 people). And of course, this means that there will be numerous spectacular demonstrations waiting for you.
The festival takes place in Bournemouth and returns for it’s third year from Friday 3rd till Sunday 5th June. The festival begins at 10am (which means you can still have that Saturday lie-in) and closes at 7:30pm on both Friday and Saturday but ends two hours earlier. You’ve got plenty of time to see what this event has in store.
There will be lots of eye candy for car lovers such as monsters truck in stock, BMX stunts, F1 racing cars, sports cars like Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc and new models. From other leading car manufacturers… The racing circuits will go to you, to enable you to attend the parades of various racing cars.
In addition to monster trucks, risqué motorbike stunts and expensive sports cars, Bournemouth Wheels Festival also gives local residents and visitors the chance to get their eyes on vintage motors! For those of you who love everything vintage then just pop over to the Town Centre to check out early age motoring and take photos standing by pre-war classic cars. Don’t mind if I do!
There are also a couple of new events being introduced to the Wheels Festival this year, for instance local classic car owners (pre 1976) are also allowed to participate in the event after registering themselves and the car online. This new event is called the Classic Car Paddock and the public will be able to view these cars along Boscombe seafront. Another event that may be of interest to radical sports lovers is beachcross quad bike racing to the west of Boscombe pier. Towards the east of Bournemouth beach there will also be some motorbike trials this year.
If you’re a Bournemouth resident you probably will have noticed the huge wheel in the Triangle. The Wheel has been nicknamed the Bournemouth Eye (although I always thought this was what the Air Balloon was named). At 33 feet tall, the Wheel offers visitors and residents stunning 360-degree panoramic views over the Bournemouth region, as well as guided information about the town itself and its history. Tickets aren’t as dear as the London Eye, with adult tickets only costing £5 and children costing £3.50.
Whether you’re coming for the first or third time, you can expect to see the usual exhilarating ‘monster truck crushing a row of cars’ show on the beach, military, navy and RAF demonstration on the sand, F1 cars zooming along East Overcliff Drive, supercars on pier approach, vintage cars in The Square and freewheel stunts at Bournemouth East Beach and much much more!!! There really is something for the whole family in this year Wheels Festival. Psst… if the kids get bored or if you feel like being a big kid, Bournemouth gardens will also host a range of family entertainment from a circus, hoola hoop training and of course face painting. This weekend is especially about having fun! Let’s just hope the weather makes it all that much better!
During the summer, there are lots of Festivals and Events in this lovely city where we live in! The next one is the Bournemouth Wheels Festival which we talk about in this blog post. We hope that you enjoy it!
The Bournemouth Wheels Festival comes, local people are so excited because tons of people are coming to participate in this amazing program. It’s a huge event in the UK; Families are coming all over England to visit for absolutely free of charge. We can say that this is the biggest free family wheels-themed festival in the UK.
THE BOURNEMOUTH WHEELS FESTIVAL
The new festival is exciting new event which will jump start the already incredible FREE summer event programme next May (24th-26th May 2014). It will be Britain’s biggest FREE wheels-themed family festival, packed with high energy events taking place on the seafront and across the town including:
- A stunning Pier Jump on a motorbike – a ramp is placed on sand on one side of the pier and the rider literally jumps to the other side.
- Vintage sports car demonstrations
- Evening family entertainment with wheel-themed films, live music and fireworks
- Monster Truck demonstrations on the beach
- BMX Team – Extreme displays
- Pedal Power nightglow procession
- Family fun with Unicycles
- Grand Prix Road Bike Racing
- Interactive displays
- FMX (Freestyle Motocross) Bike displays on the beach
- Dakar Rally Car demonstrations
- Explore inside amazing vehicles
- Skateboard stunt
Three days to go: what’s happening in the seafront zones at Bournemouth Wheels Festival
- In Zone One, west of Boscombe Pier, there will be :
- A classic car pageant from 10am each day – a chance to see some beautiful cars in all their glory.
- This zone will also be home to the Dakar Rally desert driving display from the Excite Rallye Raid Team, which will be kicking up some sand three times a day.
- Rounding off Zone One are military vehicles, showing some of the kit that is used every day by the armed forces.
- Zone Two is the beach arena between Bournemouth and Boscombe and is all about big power and noise with:
- The Monster Truck show four times each day.
- Zone Three, which is east of Bournemouth Pier and home to the Action Sports Arena.
- Team Extreme will be showing that you don’t need an engine to excite the crowds, as they show off their skills on BMX, skateboards, rollerblades and more.
Bournemouth is a lovely city to live in. It’s a colourful and multicultural city that organizes lots of free events all year round, especially during the summer time.
We will keep you updated of any upcoming event this season, don’t miss them! It’s a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world and enjoy doing outdoor activities totally free of charge! Fireworks, workshops, Food Festivals are coming soon to Bournemouth!
World Choice Education will be attending at all of these events! Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to join us, you are more than welcome!
We look forward to meeting you and enjoy together the British summer in the hottest city in the UK!