The doors of our Social Room were opened at the beginning of August! We are really excited about this project, as we once were students living abroad as you may be now. We know that sometimes it is difficult to find a place to stay, as if you were at home. That’s the purpose of our Social Room, we want you to feel free to come to our office to read a book, search on the internet, practice your speaking, meet new people and make the most of your experience in Bournemouth.
But what exactly is our social room and what can you expect from it?
Our Social Room opens its doors from 9 am to 7pm Monday to Friday (sometimes can be scheduled out of this timetable). We want you to feel free to come along and join all the activities that we have prepared for you! Most of the groups and events are totally free. You can practice your speaking while meeting new people, improve your writing, in our reading and writing group, have a relaxing cup of tea in our ‘This is England Session’ and many more!
When there isn’t any group being held in the room, you can use it as your own space, read a book (we will have a little library for you), use our free Wifi or other facilities such as our printer, kitchen, etc.
Also if you became one of our WCE premium members, you can get amazing discounts in all our courses, yellow buses cards, transfers, organised trips, and many more!
How can I be updated about what is going on in WCE Social Room?
Also if you want to receive our monthly newsletter, we will send you the list of activities for this month.
What is going on at the moment?
The social room opened its doors on the 28th July running the following activities and groups:
- Welcome to Bournemouth! – this is a group where a British lady will answer these questions that everybody has when arriving to a new city (Bournemouth), such us how can I work in the UK, how can I go to the doctor, what activities can I do in my free time, how can I open a bank account, etc.
Timetable: Monday 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Speaking and pronunciation group – Our activity leader Filipa Barreto will help you with your pronunciation and you will have very interesting conversations with international students, each day a different topic! Also she can talk many languages so she can understand what are the weaknesses and pronunciation mistakes that some nationalities can make. Also she has a wide knowledge about the learning of a language process so she can give you valuable tips to improve your level of English faster albeit accurately.
Timetable: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 3.30pm to 5.30pm
- Writing and reading group – These sessions will be focused each day in a different type of writing, for example: How to write an email, connections, arguments, engagement writing, etc.
Timetable: Tuesday and Thursday from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- ‘This is England’ – this session will be focused on the British culture, getting to know their habits and it will help you for a better understanding of their behaviour and traditions.
Timetable: Wednesday from 6.00pm to 7.30pm
- FCE Course: This is a specific course to prepare the FCE Exam (Paid course)
Timetable: Tuesday and Thursday from 5.00pm to 7.00pm
- FREE Employment Workshop – Once a month we organise a Free Employment Workshop where we will help you to be ready to start job seeking!. During this session we will review: CV Building and Interview tips! If you wish to join the August Workshop please join the event!.
Please feel free to attend to any of our courses and come to our office, we are located in:
Keystone House, Suite 3
30, Exeter Road
United KingdomBH2 5AR
We are looking forward to seeing you very soon!